Translate

Thursday, December 29, 2011

To Sleep, Or To Write?

As any writer will probably tell you, inspiration strikes at the most inopportune times. Such as while you are on the toilet or in the shower and a pad and paper are not accessible, or right at the moment you are about to FINALLY fall asleep.
I find myself dropping everything and running for a writing utensil, scratching what later appear to be hieroglyphs, positive that this new idea could THE ONE, the link that ties the rest of the ideas together, and if I don't write it down RIGHT NOW, I will inevitably end up a penniless bag lady, shaking my filthy fist at the world, bitter, resentful, and cold.
Does this happen to anyone else? All of us artistes are infamously loony, so I can't be the only one, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment